Code of Ethics
- Always conduct ourselves to the highest levels of ethics, integrity, accountability and responsibility.
- Treat all clients and potential clients with absolute dignity, confidentiality and respect as free and equal individuals.
- Respect the commercial confidentiality of clients by not divulging business information to any third parties.
- Maintain the good reputation of the coaching profession.
- Comply with both the spirit and the letter of any commercial agreements made with clients, potential clients, and professional colleagues .
- Make commercial agreements with clients and potential clients that are fair and will respect all parties to such agreements.
- Represent true levels of status, title, competence and experience in order not to mislead, misrepresent or defraud.
- Clearly state to clients and potential clients the terms of any commercial agreement including the expectations of both parties.
- Make no claims or implications of outcomes that cannot be demonstrated or guaranteed.
- Obtain written permission from any client or potential client before releasing their names as referees.
- Respect the absolute rights of the client's confidentiality except as expressly permitted by the client or potential client in writing or as required by law.
- Recommend different coaches or resources when these will be more appropriate to the client's needs.
- Avoid all conflicts of interest.
- Refrain from offering professional information or advice I know to be confidential, misleading or where the accuracy is beyond my competence to assess.
- Endeavour to enhance public understanding and acceptance of professional coaching.
- Share skills and experience with fellow members and associates of the Coaching Profession to further increase the body of knowledge, skills and competencies of such parties.
- Respect all copyrights, agreements, work, intellectual property and trademarks and comply with all laws covering such areas.
- Avoid coaching minors (people who have not yet had their 18th birthday) without the express written consent of parent, guardian or teacher as appropriate.
- Comply with all laws and by-laws of the UK and, if coaching clients based abroad, with the laws of the clients' country.
- Ensure that all advertisements and promotional materials, whether verbal or written, are legal, decent, truthful, honest and in compliance with the requirements of the UK Advertising Standards Authority.
Please note we do not coach any client involved in serious crime, or are involved in alcohol or drug misuse, or have serious anger mangement issues.